185 Academy Street, Poughkeepsie. 1850-52. Stroll 20 acres of carriage roads on the Mathew Vassar estate designed by Andrew Jackson Downing. Open dawn to dusk. Guided tours by appt. (845) 454-2060. http://springsidelandmark.org/
1153 Main St., Fishkill. 1716 building completed in 1731. Oldest continuing church in Dutchess County. Meeting place of the New York Provincial Congress & Revolutionary War military prison. By appointment (845) 896-9836. www.fishkillreformed.org
Home to the Franklin A. Butts Research Library at the Clinton House, 549 Main St., Poughkeepsie. Maintains the Glebe House, 635 Main St., Poughkeepsie. https://dchsny.org/
Dedicated to the preservation & celebration of the history of American Standardbred horses and American-born sport of harness racing.
Interactive exhibits, 3D harness racing simulator, displays of art and artifacts.
Open daily 10am – 5pm.
240 Main Street